Friday, August 28, 2009

Today is Ketchup Day...

Oh wait, let's call that Catch Up Day

We got back into town last Sunday evening after our 10-day vacation and today is my first full day at home to catch up on all my chores.

You'll be happy to know that since I got up this morning I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and 3rd load of laundry. The grocery list is nearly done, half the mail is sorted, the bed is made, and dishwasher is unloaded and reloaded, there's meat thawing for dinner and the cat box is clean (is that last one TMI?).

I really LOVE having Fridays off. It's a great day to catch up on everything around the house so I can relax and have more free time with family and friends when the weekend comes around. Thanks God for allowing me to have a job where I get to have Fridays off. It really is an answer to prayer.

Oh, and on a related note...about ketchup, not my schedule.

When we were on vacation we went to a restaurant that served their ketchup in a shorter, wider-mouthed jar than the standard one shown here. It wasn't a squeeze bottle and it wasn't the little mini bottle like you get on airplanes. It was a shorter glass bottle, but the wider opening at the top made it SO much easier to pour. I thought it was GENIUS! Strangely, I can't find a picture of it online. Not even on the Heinz website and I'm pretty sure it was Heinz ketchup. Now, I'm not a huge ketchup fan. I only use it for french fries, nothing else. But just thought I'd share that little tidbit to brighten your day. Isn't it nice to know that after so many decades of making ketchup, they can still come up with improvements to make your life easier?

Also, I promise to post more pics from vacation VERY soon. Hopefully by tonight, but definitely before the end of the weekend, so stay tuned. Now I need to get to the grocery store and finish up the laundry so I can truly relax this weekend. We're looking forward to catching up with a few friends. Can't wait!

No comments: