Thursday, June 18, 2009


I am a HUGE fan of James Taylor

Even though he looks like he could be my dad, he is such a gentle soul and I love the stories he tells in his music.

I am actually signed up to receive his newsletter, mainly with hopes of finding out when he'll be in town or nearby so we could go hear him. Terry took me to one of his concerts at Universal in California and I LOVED it! I felt like I was sitting in his living room. He's the only musician whose newsletter I receive.

Take a look at this recent letter. He and his band are actually playing on a transatlantic cruise of the Queen Mary 2! Wow! I would SO love to be on that cruise to have a chance to hear him in such an awesome setting. There are some nice video of him singing there too.

And I just found out that he's going to be playing in Tucson in September and tickets go on sale TOMORROW!!! I'm excited. I think we'll try to get tickets. Anyone else want to go?

2 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

he's on my SNL season 2 DVD ... looking about 17 years old.

Amy T Schubert said...

wait, don't you also get Randy's newsletter?
"He's the only musician whose newsletter I receive."