Saturday, August 30, 2008

Funky day...
I'm feeling kind of crummy today. I felt tired all day and could fall asleep in minute even though I slept over 8 hours last night. I've had a bit of a headache and a few other aches and pains, which is very abnormal for me. I took some advil, which has helped some, but still don't have much energy. I forced myself to do a few loads of laundry just so the day wasn't a total bust. Since I don't feel like being up and around, I decided to post a few final photos from our trip just for fun.
The photo at the top was taken in the front yard of one of the businesses on Main Street in Breckenridge. Feels like you're in the mountains, huh?
Isn't this coffee cup chandelier so cute? It was in the Blue Moose Cafe in Breckenridge. Linda, it looks like something that you and Randy could create together.
Here are a few more scenery shots as well. We saw cloud-filled skies everywhere. This was on the road between Albuquerque and Flagstaff. I was trying to catch the massive expanse of the high open desert. We often forget about all that open space when we're in the city. It was beautiful. I must have taken hundreds of cloud shots.
The yellow flowers were all along the highways and in the fields for most of our drive thru New Mexico and Colorado. They were a cheery site.
The two church shots are of the oldest church site in Colorado. Our Lady of Guadalupe in the southern part of the state.
These last two shots were at our last stop of the trip. It was mid-afternoon on Wednesday and since we hadn't been eating healthy the whole trip, we decided to stop at the Rock Springs Cafe near Black Canyon City to get some of their world famous pie. I have lived in Arizona for many years and heard about the awesome pies at Rock Springs, but never had a chance to go there. I chose the blackberry pie ala mode and it was delicious! I'm not a big pie person, but this had just the right amount of sweetness and tartness. It was worth the stop.
So that's it for Breckenridge. Now in a few weeks we go to Forest Lakes for the weekend, then at the end of September we're off to New England. Of course there's a lot of real life to do between now and then, but we'll enjoy planning these trips in between.

No comments: