Monday, September 28, 2009

The National Parks - America's Best Idea

Have you been watching this new mini-series on PBS ?

We just watched the first episode and it brought tears to my eyes several times. There's just something about the majesty of the nature in our National Parks that makes me so thankful that these pieces of earth were set aside and preserved for us and future generations.

I'm so glad that we've had a chance to visit many of these parks and to take our children there. I look forward to someday being able to share them with our grandkids as well.

Did you realize that there are almost 400 National Parks and Monuments? Wow! Here are a few of the parks that we've visited that will be covered in the series, with links to more info about each one:

Acadia (Maine)
Denali (Alaska)
Grand Canyon (Arizona)
Yellowstone (Wyoming)
Yosemite (California)

And here's a link to a list of all of them. See how many you've visited. What's your favorite? I know it's hard to choose.

One of mine is probably Yellowstone because of the wide variety of things to see and the sheer size of the park.

I also love the rustic architecture in the parks. Someday, I'd love to be abel to stay at all the different lodges in the parks.

I hope you've had a chance to visit the National Parks in your area and beyond...if not, please make a point to go and take your family. You won't regret it!

No comments: