Monday, September 21, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth with my favorite people on earth!

O.k. this may sound ridiculous, but sometimes I think that I posted news on my blog only to find out that I just posted it on Facebook. So those few who aren't on FB, but check my blog are missing out on the news. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better in the future.

First off, for those who don't know; Terry and I drove to Los Angeles on Saturday to spend a couple of days with Amy, Andrew and Kevin! Yes, Kevin flew in from Omaha to spend a little time with us before he moves to Meridian, Mississippi for his new job at the end of the month.

We arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon and...
  • Drove to LAX to pick Kevin up from the airport
  • Stopped to see the studio where Andrew works
  • Stopped to see Amy & Andrew's apartment
  • Went to visit Terry's brother, Ted, his wife Kristi and 2 of their kids, Spencer and Lucas
  • Sunday we went to Disneyland and California Adventure with the 3 "kids" all day
  • Monday morning we had breakfast together at CiCi's Cafe on Ventura Blvd in Tarzana
  • then drove back to Phoenix with Kevin.
  • On Tuesday morning I'll take Kev to the airport to head back to Omaha, then on to Mississippi very soon.
It's been so much fun to be with all the kids together. Not sure when we'll all be together again, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sometime around Christmas. We'll see how things go with travel and time off work and all...

So as you can imagine, there's a lot of fun to post about, but I won't get there tonight. Here are a few fun ones to give you a glimpse of our time together.

I also have a confession to make. Do you remember the gorgeous blue Mickey scarf that Amy was wearing when she was in London (same scarf pictured here - this photo wasn't taken by me). Well I liked it so much that I bought the same one for myself and can't wait to wear it. I actually checked to see if they had a green one so I wouldn't copy her EXACTLY, but they didn't and I didn't like any of the other colors nearly as much, so I got the same color as hers. I figure since we're in different states, it won't be a big deal, right? Of course you may look at both of our blogs and see pictures of us wearing them, but oh well. I'll live with that, and hopefully Amy won't mind too much.

So much more to come, so stay tuned. The easiest way to keep up on my posts is to click the "Follow" button on the right side of the page and you'll be notified each time there's a new post. See you soon!

1 comment:

linda t said...

Oh Nancy, I was so excited when I got home last night and saw on FB that your whole family went to Disneyland!!! So happy for you & Terry!! Nothing like having your kids together! How wonderful!
And about the scarf... that is my very favorite scarf too. So glad you got one. I just may have to get one when we go in Nov. :)
Great pics Nancy. Can't wait to hear all about your time together. God is so good to let you have this special time before Kevin is off on his new adventure.
Love you guys!