Saturday, March 07, 2009

Phoenix Hiking -

It's perfect weather right now for a hike! Current temperature in the mid-fifties. This morning Terry and I took a hike around Lookout Mountain which is near 16th Street and Greenway. It was about 2 1/2 miles around the base, and a pretty easy hike. Terry wanted to hike to the top but I knew I'd probably die if I tried it since I'm so out of shape. He accommodated me and went with the loop. I really love to hike, but am always tempted to take my camera and Terry prefers to go with speed when he walks for exercise. We'll have to figure out a way to meet in the middle. I was thinking if we do a hike like this again, we could do a moderate one, then Terry could hike to the top while I play with my camera...we'll see if that works.

Terry just bought a new book of hikes in and around Phoenix so we'll have to see what cool places we can find. Anyone want to join us on a Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon?

We need to get more hiking and walking in now before it get too hot. I need to make it a priority. I am horrible at setting aside time for exercise. I really hate exercise for exercise sake, but if we have nice scenery, then I forget about the exercise and it's worth the time. I know in my head that I need to exercise and my doctor says that I need to as well, so it's really crazy that I just can't make the commitment. I just always seem to find things that I enjoy more.

I'll be posting more today, trying to catch up a bit, so be sure to look at all my posts.

No comments: