Friday, January 02, 2009

Note from Sharon in Kuwait (Part 4)

Laying in bed one morning, peacefully sleeping in my pod/cell/closet and I hear the camp-wide loud speaker screaming...
"Wha, Whaw, WHAW"
"Put on your gas masks. Put on your protective gear."
"Put on Your Gas Mask! Put on Your Protective gear!"
"PUT ON YOUR GAS MASKS! PUT ON YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR!

While I am stumbling and fumbling around my pod wondering who is screaming at me and why and where the hell is my gas mask and gear. Wondering if I am dreaming and thinking it may have been a good idea to take the gas mask out of the box and try it on previous to this
insanity. My heart begins to beat a bit faster and I am now fully awake.

The next voice I hear says, "This is an exercise. This is only an exercise."

What a rude awakening! I cuss to myself and go back to bed. I return to my sleep thinking about what kind of crazy life I got myself mixed up in this time.

More posts about her adventures here.

No comments: