Friday, November 07, 2008

Three's a charm!

In honor of finishing my 300th post, I started thinking of the blessings in my life that have come in threes or multiples of 3. Here are some of them:


  1. I'll start by thanking Amy for getting me started on blogging August 9, 2006, nearly 27 (9x3) months ago. Thanks Teegan! It's always a fun part of my week.
  2. I have 3 amazing kids that are so precious to me in every way!
  3. Andrew (and his family) joined our family 3 years ago this week!
  4. Kevin came into our home 24 (8x3) years ago (in the 3rd month of the year).
  5. Amy was our first little bundle of joy (her due date was in the 3rd month of the year, but she decided to wait until April - because she likes to do things in her own special way - but we love her all the more for that.)
  6. I've been married to my wonderful husband just over 30 years!
  7. I have given Terry 3 wedding rings. (he'll have to explain why)
  8. The last ring has 3 diamonds in it, to represent the 3 people that love him most.
  9. I grew up with 6 kids in our family, 3 boys and 3 girls, all of whom are dear to me in their own way. Oh, we had our differences, but I wouldn't have wanted to grow up without any of them.
  10. I have 3 siblings left. We grow closer every year and I'm thankful that they're still in my life.
  11. I have lived in 3 different states: Ohio, Arizona and California
  12. I have had 3 mothers-in-law, each of whom walked with Terry's dad thru different seasons of life.
  13. Currently I have 3 active moms in my life: my own mother, Terry's mom - Carole, and Ginny, Terry's dad's current wife. I'm so thankful for whatever time that I'm able to spend with them in this busy life of ours and always wish there were more hours in the day and days in the week for this.
  14. I had 3 grandmothers on my mom's side.
  15. I have 3 friends from high school that I'm still in touch with. What fun to keep in touch about joys and sorrows over the years.
  16. I have 3 lenses for my camera to capture all of life's memories that we have the privilege of experiencing with dear friends and family.
  17. I have traveled to at least 33 states in the U.S. and hope to finish up with the rest of them soon. I love traveling and would love to be able to say someday that I've visited 30 other countries (or more) as well.
  18. God has allowed me to have many precious girlfriends in my life, but only 3 who have been there for me thru thick and thin for almost 3 decades or more. These are priceless friendships that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. I look forward to sharing life for another 30 years with them. Thank you dear sisters.

That's all that I can think of for now. So what else am I missing that comes in 3's?

Thank you for coming along for the ride on the past 300 posts.

No comments: