Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy 24th Birthday, Miranda!

We interrupt the Kuwait updates for a very important event. Miranda's birthday and bon voyage party! We were privileged to be invited and are blessed to be able to share life with this sweet young woman.
What a fun party too! Her mom, Linda spent countless hours making so many delicious treats for everyone to enjoy. Take a look at that table!

She also served awesome fresh-baked bruschetta in 3 flavors. One with fresh basil, tomato and mozzarella, one with brown sugar, cinnamon, sliced pear and brie (I think that was my favorite) mmmm, and another with cranberry sauce and bleu cheese. It was good, but I'm not a bleu cheese fan, so my least favorite. She did an amazing job with everything, food and presentation. What a treat!








After a bit of mingling they had everyone go outside and several people spent time affirming Miranda and letting her know just how much she is loved. This is always so touching to watch and be reminded of the unique qualities that God has given to the guest of honor. I would love to share in the affirmation, but I get so emotional just watching, that I'd never be able to articulate how I feel about the person. I just have to do it in writing, otherwise no one would understand a word that I said.
Miranda is a special young lady! Intelligent, funny, sweet, kind, caring, and a lover of God. She's independent, talented and self-confident. I hope she was reminded of all those things and so much more on Saturday. Here's a picture of her proud parents, and they have every reason to be.

We're so excited that she is getting the chance to go to college near London for a semester. What a great adventure! I wish I was going with her or at least going over to visit. We'll be praying for a rich and wonderful time for her there.

We love you Miranda! Happy Birthday and Bon voyage in the coming months!

3 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

more pics of linda than miranda?

linda t said...

Thank you sooo much Nancy!! The pics are awesome!!
You did it! You captured the whole night! Loved the slideshow! I have a ton of favorites!
You're the best!

Miranda said...

Thank you again Nancy for being apart of my party!! I am so glad to have you in my life. The pictures are beautiful and I will have so much fun scrapping them!

You're so awesome!