Tuesday, August 05, 2008


Quick Post -

I'm sitting in my hotel room listening to the thunder and rain of a summer storm, which is one of the things that I LOVE about Phoenix. Really one of the few redeeming qualities about summers here.

Although I've been taking hundreds of photos over the last week. Some that I'll want to show you, of the Maddox wedding reception, my birthday spa visit and more, I thought I'd post one from our yard from a couple of weeks ago as a continuation of the Quail Story.

We've had several sightings of our sweet little quail family, with the chicks now nearly full grown. I often see them under Terry's car just after he gets home from work when I pull in the driveway shortly after him. I guess they must think that its cooler under there...not sure why since the engine must be hot.
Anyway, one morning we saw this sight in the front yard. All we can figure out is that the daddy quail on top of the car was being the lookout for the rest of the family who was down on the ground safely beneath his watchful eyes.

It was really quite sweet. Quail are another thing that I like about Arizona.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Aww that's so cute! I love quail too.