Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birthday Surprise Day 3 - Sunday (part 1- the long goodbye...)

For those of you who are interested in the book drawing, scroll down to the previous post to add a comment and get in the drawing (to be held Tues 7/22).

I thought I'd post a little bit more about my birthday weekend since the kids had to leave on Sunday, but Terry and I continued on till Monday night. I'll post it in pieces so you don't have so much to read in one sitting.

On Sunday Amy & Andrew had to head back to L.A. (7+ hour drive) and Kevin had to head back to Omaha (18+ hour drive). (I still can't believe they were all able to get there.) We all slept in a bit, then just got up, and went down to the restaurant at the hotel for breakfast. It was o.k., nothing special, so we were 0 for 2 for great breakfast places. Oh well, the dinner Saturday made up for it all.

Since the temps in Sedona were getting into the mid 90's in the afternoons, Terry and I decided to head up to Flagstaff for the last night. It's just about an hour north, but the temps are 10 to 20 degrees cooler since it's higher elevation. A & A and Kevin were both planning to head thru Flag on the way home, so we all drove in a caravan through Oak Creek Canyon and up to the Oak Creek Vista Overlook, then stopped to take a group photo and say our goodbyes.

By the way, I love the way our colors coordinated in the group photo. You'd think we had planned it, but we didn't.

We were so sad to see the kids go, not knowing exactly when we'll see them again. But we were so thankful that we had that precious time with them. You can see how sad Amy was in the photo below, and I think Kevin was wiping away tear. (just kidding) We had an amazing time!

Coming up next I'll post about our visits to Walnut Canyon and the Flagstaff Arboretum, so stay tuned...

I know I'm probably giving away any surprise, but I also posted all my favorite photos from the trip in a slideshow near the top of the right column. If you click on it, it will go to a new page and you can select the speed of viewing, etc. You'll see where we went on Sunday and Monday, but won't get the details until I post again.

No comments: