Wednesday, September 19, 2007


I just discovered and signed up for a new free photo sharing site called Zooomr. So far it sounds pretty cool. No limits on numbers or size of photos to upload. They're also talking about setting up a way for each user to attach pricing to some or all of the photos that you load so that others can buy a license to use them as stock photos. I LOVE this idea. I've had lots of people tell me that I should sell my photos, but I just haven't had time to pursue the venture. I think it would be great to have a way to do it on the same site where I would normally post them for friends. Great idea guys! Can't wait! (Of course, I wouldn't charge my friends.)

You can also sign up to get RSS feeds (RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with their favorite web sites in an automated manner that's easier than checking them manually.)

It looks like the text on the site is also convertible to Chinese (I think) so Kevin can just click a button and practice his Mandarin. There's geo-tagging and lots more functionality that I'm still discovering. And they post announcements on their blog about photowalks in various cities that anyone can join. I saw ones for Santa Barbara and San Francisco so far.

Check out this article about Kristohper Tate, the creator of Zoomr. He's only about 18 years old! His story is pretty amazing and I love his ideas about the site.

For now I've posted pics from our latest trip there. I made some of them private and some public. Try this link to get to the public ones. If that doesn't work, you can find my photos by searching for the word "Prescott" then you can click on the link below one of the pics that says NanAZ. In order to see the private ones, its a little trickier. I think you have to sign up with a user name and email, then search for my name and identify me as a friend (or family). Then you get access, I think. Sorry, it's kind of cumbersome. I'll see if it's worth it to do it this way. Let me know what you think.

No comments: