Sunday, August 26, 2007

Random Thoughts:

Wow! It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. Where did the time go? So I just have a bunch of random stuff to post today.

First: Obadiah Parker made it to the 3rd round. Yay! Now they only have 5 more days of voting to get into the final 5 and they really need your help. Here's a note from Mat. "They've chosen the top 20 bands for the Austin City Limits Concert possibilities and have six days to get as many votes as we can to get in the top five. If we do this we will automatically go to Austin to participate in the final round. This is a really cool opportunity for us and we're relying solely on our fans to make this happen for us. You can vote everyday for every email address that you have. You can also spread the word anyway you can!"

Here the link. Click here to vote please!

Next: I came across this photo that Julie Thrush took of Terry & me when we were in Greer. I don't remember if I posted it before, but I really like it, so here it is again.

I got together with my mom on Friday night and got started gathering some family history. I sat with my laptop and just asked her questions about her and my dad and typed the answers. I'm hoping to continue doing this when we get together, because there's so much that we don't have documented about their lives and those of our family, and she rarely took pictures. I think it made her feel good that someone is interested in her life and I love getting the info down in writing. Since I've been blogging and taking more photos, and since Amy's been scanning the old Hann family photos, I realize just how precious all that information will be in a generation or two. I would love to find details about my grandparents and great grandparents, but there isn't much around. Someday, hopefully someone will really enjoy all this info. Even if they don't, I'm enjoying gathering it.

She also showed me some pics that my brother, Pat sent to her. This is the little house that he's living in now in Vermilion, Ohio. He really likes the fact that it's so quiet. It's also just a few blocks to Lake Erie and just steps to the post office, a little cafe, stores, etc. He seems to be much happier there. He's quite a loner and very sensitive to outside noises, so a detached home is the perfect option for him.

Next random thought...Terry and I watched Rain Man last night. I LOVE that movie! I'm not usually much for rating my absolute favorites of anything, because I have a hard time being that black and white, but Rain Man has got to be in my top picks for best movies ever. Dustin Hoffman is fantastic in this role and the story is just so sweet!!

I'm trying to go through my photos and determine which ones will go on the wall in our hallway. We have a decent amount of space for a little family gallery, but with the big families that we both have, it's hard to decide what to put up. I have an 8 x 10 of my dad at 24 and my mom at 13 that are great! They will definitely be in the mix. I'm trying to post them here, but I keep getting an error. I'll keep trying because they're worth seeing.

Maybe I'll choose a couple of the old Hann photos for the wall too. I'm looking forward to getting them from Amy when she's done scanning all the old slides. She's been sending some great ones...like this of the Hann boys in Tombstone AZ! (Terry is the cute one on the right.) And don't miss Tom behind the bar.

2 comments:

linda t said...

Great posts Nancy!! Enjoyed every single pic and tidbit!
Yes, I am sooo enjoying Amy's pics from the past. You will have a hard time deciding what all to enlarge and frame... but it will be so fun to see the gallery unfold and evolve.
Miranda and I were just talking today about enlarging some favs to frame. But tooo many to choose from!

Miranda said...

I love that picture of you and Terry... so romantic