Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Great Friends!
I had lunch with an old friend today. David and I used to work together at Arvato in SoCal. Well, for part of the time I was his boss, but we were still great friends. He is such a fun-loving guy and great worker that we were so sad to see him go. The good news is that he's kept in touch with me and others from work over the years since he left and it was so much fun to catch up on the latest news with him. He's in town for several days taking care of his sister's 2 kids while they're on vacation. He's never had any kids of his own, so it's quite a challenge for him, but he's loving it and I'm sure doing a great job!

David and his partner are taking some huge steps in their lives right now. They live in L.A. and Paul just left a very high stress job to move to one that's a bit slower, with more creative freedom for him. They also bought a place in Chicago (where they came from) and hope to move back some day. The place they bought was 3 stories, with 3 "apartments" that were each 3000 sq ft, and they're remodeling it into a single family home. Yeah that's 9000 sq. ft! And from what I've seen of their other place, I'm sure it will be gorgeous! I can't wait to see photos when they're done.

He also had the scoop on several of my previous co-workers, so it was good to get a little bit of news about them too. I love the fact that we can stay connected to friends, colleagues, family, etc. through email, even if it's only sporadic. I'm sure we'd rarely do it if we had to actually write letters or pick up the phone. We had a great long lunch. I didn't want to go back to work, but decided that I had better (after a 2-hour lunch).

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Friends are special and he must be a keeper if he sits for kids. I don't know many men that would do that.

oak wind farm said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! I just took a peek at your's and it is amazing! What an awesome job you have! I have not traveld very much in my lifetime, but I hope to one day.
Please do come and visit me again, and I will also visit you, if that's okay with you.
Have a blessed weekend!
Carolyn

schluff said...

Hi Nancy, this is really cool getting an update on David through your blog. Does he know he's famous now?!
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful long weekend.