Friday, July 13, 2007


Lunch at Dick's Hideaway -

The team at Leadership Catalyst , as well as a handful of dear friends and alumni of the ministry got together for an extra special lunch to celebrate the organization's 12th Anniversary.
I promised John that I'd try to get a pic of him without a weird face or his mouth open, so here are the two that I got below. Sorry John, the other 3 or 4 didn't look too good.


We celebrated at a "secret" place called Dick's Hideaway. You would never know it was there, if someone didn't tell you about it. I'm so glad I'm in on the secret, because it's such a fun place to go. The private dining room can be booked for larger parties of up to 24 people and it feels like you're truly in a secret room...filled with floor to ceiling wine racks on 2 walls, a small adobe fireplace next to the entrance and the tables and doors are all covered in gleaming copper. I'm not sure how much more Arizonan you can get in the "Copper State".

Dick's is owned by the same people as Richardson's which is around the corner in the same building and the relatively new Rokerij, which is just a few blocks north. I had a chance to stop for lunch at Rokerij (I have no idea how to pronounce that, but apparently it gets its name from the Dutch word for smokehouse.) It's a cozy, dark and quirky little place with a ground level dining area and a cool bar area with a fireplace and a couple of booths in the basement. They even had a fire going in the middle of summer, which was odd but made for some great ambiance. We had burgers and they were very tasty! I'd go back to try more of their menu.



Anyway, back to Dick's Hideaway...the food is technically Cuisine of New Mexico. Wherever it comes from, it's got a Mexican flair and is unique and delicious! Some of the dishes lean toward the spicy side so be sure to ask if you have a sensitive stomach. This is definitely a place that we need to bring Jay and Andrew. They would LOVE it! Here are pics of a couple of the lunches. First one is a "seafood" salad topped with a grilled Ahi steak! It also had miniature zucchini and yellow squash and looked awesome! The other was one of the specials, which included a pork enchilada, bacon wrapped shrimp and a jalepeno pepper stuffed with tasty mashed potatoes. I'm sure there was more to the potatoes, but I just know they were delicious!

I also just found out that they're open for breakfast too. That would be quite an adventure. Who's up for it?

Hours: Monday-Sunday 8:30 AM TO 12AM

1 comment:

Andrew said...

If they've got spicy food, I'm in!