Phoenix Suns - Detroit Pistons Game March 16, 2007
Terry scored 4 tickets from his company for a Phoenix Suns game last Friday and I'm finally getting around to posting about it now. We got there early and met Randy & Linda (who were already close to the court) to try to get autographs just for the fun of it. I actually got one from Boris Diaw on the cover of the Suns 2006-07 Yearbook. He was very nice to sign lots of autographs before the game and even stood with a girl to get her picture taken. I scanned the cover of the magazine, but for some reason it won't load here. If it did, you'd be able to see the scribbly signature right along Steve Nash's arm (on the cover photo).
Unfortunately it was a pretty disappointing game...one of the worst losses of the season. But it was still fun to see them in person and be part of the excitement of such a great team in such an awesome year. I can't wait to see how they do in the playoffs and see if Nash gets his 3rd consecutive MVP, Barbosa gets 6th man of the year and Marion gets Defensive Player of the Year!
As you can see I got some pretty good shots with my long lens. I tried to take a bunch during the game, but it was just too hard when they're moving so fast, we were at the top of the lower level and I didn't have those huge lenses like the sports photographers who sit right under the basket. I told Terry that's what I want for my birthday next year. Ha!
I think the most fun for me at a game is to isolate on a player and watch his interaction on the court and off. It's so much fun to see their personality and how they treat each other and the opposing team members. Of course, I like to watch them play too, but that's one of the many reasons I like basketball the best.
- You have less players to watch
- They don't have helmets or masks on so you can see their emotions and interaction better. For example, look at Steve Nash smiling during warm ups and the pre-game greetings. Doesn't he look like he's having fun?
- The court is closer to the stands, so you're not looking across the outfield or 100 + yards away to see the guys.
- I love the fast moving game, especially with the Suns. There's no way you can get bored with this game.
- I won't get into details by talking about Nash's amazing 6th sense for assists to just the right player at the right time or the pick-and-rolls, the alley-oops to Marion or Stoudemire's dunks, plus the awesome 3-point scoring...I just LOVE THIS GAME!
I was so glad that we were able to get to a game this sold-out season, even if it was a loss. It was well worth it!