Wednesday, February 14, 2007




Valentines Day...

It's always a nice day for me. Terry's so sweet to always do something special. This year I was greeted with a beautiful card when I woke up. I was also the only one in my office to have flowers delivered. I'll have to take a picture of them tomorrow. They smell amazing! There's roses and tulips and other flowers that I can't remember right now. The red vase had a heart and key hanging from it. He gave me the "key to his heart". Isn't that sweet?

When I got home tonight, there was another card with 9 big chocolate covered strawberries...mmmmm. We don't usually go out ON Valentines Day because neither of us like to fight the crowds, so we made dinner at home. We had huge T-bone steaks, king crab legs, grilled red peppers and snap peas, pretzel bread and a nice glass of Red Truck California Syrah (I liked the label). It was all delicious! I only ate about 3 bites of my steak because there was so much other food. I'll have it another day. Besides, king crab is my absolute favorite. I don't have it often because its so expensive, but I bought this on sale a while ago and had it in the freezer, so what better time to have it than Valentine's Day.

Online I found a super simple way to cook the crab. I put the legs in a big ziploc bag with a wet paper towel, sealed it up and cooked it in the microwave for a few minutes. It comes out perfectly! I also picked up the pretzel bread at Trader Joe's today. I discovered it when I was in Germany a few years ago and it's so tasty. If you've never had it, give it a try sometime. It kind of tastes like a soft pretzel but fluffier and without the salt.

Well, Blogger isn't letting me upload the pics of the food, so I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Oh, and Friday night we're going out to dinner at L'Ecole, at the Scottsdale Culinary Institute to continue our Valentine's celebration. I've heard it's really fun. The students are the chefs in training and they make delicious fancy dishes. They come out and talk with you all about what you're eating and it's supposed to be quite an experience. I'll let you know...I may take my camera if it's not too weird for the people around us.

1 comment:

linda t said...

Why do we love pics of food? I sure do!
A great post... you are so spoiled Nancy!
Love that bottle of wine! So charming!