Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Pajama Day!

Yesterday was my last day at home after being off work since Dec 22nd. I ended up having a pajama day. I literally stayed in my pajamas all day and wasn't even sick! I haven't done that in years. I did a lot of catch up on the computer and preliminary planning for the new year, then at the end of the day, Terry and I watched a movie.

He's had a cold all week long. Fortunately he was off work too, but it still dragged on. He's still not over it, but he gets to stay home one more day because of the Day of Mourning for President Ford. His company closes whenever the stock market is closed, so they gave him the option of working for overtime pay or staying home. He chose to stay home, duh! I would have done the same.

Even though I like my job, I'm not looking forward to going back to work today. I would just rather be home more and more. Having Terry and Kevin both at home, makes it that much harder to leave. And of course, all those projects I was planning last week didn't get done, so they're still waiting here for me.

Well, my time's up...I have to hit the road to get to work. Traffic should be great today though and the drive is usually only about 10 minutes anyway. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there with a week's worth of emails and projects to catch up on.

I'm looking forward to the new year, but hoping to find a way to have at least one day at home during the week...we'll see...

1 comment:

Adam, Erin and Titus said...

my mom, kim, and i stayed in our jammies alllll day too!