Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Quiet weekend...

With Terry in Vegas winning the big bucks (ha ha) and me taking a day off on Friday, I had a wonderfully quiet weekend at home. Even as married couples we all need some alone time. This is what I chose to do with my time. Feel free to skip over this if it's too boring. I may add a couple of photos later.

  • Friday - cleaned the house and did all the laundry - so I could forget about it the rest of the weekend. I also FINALLY repotted a couple plants that had been crying out to me for months. They're much happier now that they can stretch their roots in bigger pots.
  • Friday night - 3 of my dearest girlfriends, Sharon, Linda and Julie, came over with the original plan of doing scrap booking or crafts together. Three of us were tired from having busy days so we chose to just sit and not do crafts...I don't know if Linda ever gets tired so she worked on sorting and filing some memorabilia while we watched her. We all shared food, fellowship, friendship, stories about what's happening in our lives, stories about our kids, a few tears and lots of love and laughs. These ladies know me better than anyone on the planet (except maybe my husband). I would give the world for them and know they'd do the same for me. God has blessed me with these wonderful friendships, each one being unique and sacred, for close to 30 years and I hope they'll be around for 30 more. I thank God for every time we get to be together.
  • Saturday - slept in, lounged around the house and sent a bunch of emails about holiday plans to friends and family. I also created a wish list so my kids would have some ideas for Chrismas gifts since they always say they don't know what to get me.
  • Saturday night - had dinner with Sharon, shared more tears and laughs and went shopping at Kierland. Picked up a few Christmas gifts and some new Christmas decorations. You'd think after 29 years of marriage that I would have enough decorations, but noooo....they're always coming out with cool new stuff.
  • Sunday morning- posted my turkey recipe on my blog then went to church at Open Door.
  • Sunday mid-day-attended a lunch to begin establishing a community for artistic and creative people at ODF. Not that I'm hugely creative, but I love the process and love creative people, so I went.
  • Sunday - 3:00 - picked up my mom and met my two sisters for Chinese food and a movie in Deer Valley. We saw "One Night with the King" which is very loosely based on the book of Esther in the Bible. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend it. It was hard to follow and I know the story, not really well acted and pretty slow-moving. It doesn't really follow the book of Esther accurately either so not really worth the price.
  • Sunday evening - Came home and created an inventory of the Christmas gifts that I've already bought, so I know what else I need to buy. I always end up with more gifts for the girls (Amy & Erin) because they're so much easier to buy for. I'll even it out before we're done. Now I'm blogging and checking email and I'll be leaving in just a few minutes to go pick up Terry from the airport.
That's it. That was my weekend. Sounds pretty dull, but was wonderful for me...lots of fellowship with people I care about. One thing I realized is that the more time I have at home, the more I want to be home. One of my goals for 2007 is to figure out a way to cut back on my work, even if I only get one more day a week at home. That would be so helpful for my soul!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like such a superb weekend. i'm glad you got to have it.

glad to hear the girls have more presents!! (at least for now)

Anonymous said...

If I'd have known you were planning on seeing "One Night with the King" I would have given you fair warning not to even try... I saw it last week and was disappointed... the dialog did make it hard to follow and it was amaturely directed... I couldn't help but think that if a secular production company had funded the movie, it would have been so much better... it was too over done... and it didn't even stay true to the story in some parts... I didn't like it either

Nancy said...

It sounds like a great weekend... I agree all couples need a little time away from each other. It just makes you appreciate each other evern more. Good luck on cutting back on your work time... that would be a blessing indeed!