Sunday, November 19, 2006


Creative People - Part II

O.k. since I'm getting flack about not including my son and daughter-in-law in the list, I'll continue now that I'm back home.

Update on Kevin - here's a link to the Pranczar And Vyxx'n website where he and Shawn Thompson recorded a couple of a' cappella songs, just being their crazy selves. They constantly keep us entertained when they're together.

Andrew, our son-in-law is also very creative. He works doing custom framing of artwork and does an awesome job! Soon he's going to be learning how to do audio engineering and I'm sure his creative juices will show up there as well.

Erin, our daughter-in-law is also quite talented. She plays the violin beautifully, is learning to scrap book (due to peer pressure) and loves to decorate with Shabby Chic. I look forward to being able to spend more time discovering her many gifts in the months and years to come.

John Lynch is my friend, one of my bosses, the teaching pastor at Open Door Fellowship, one of the authors of the book TrueFaced, an amazing speaker and quite a creative hilarious guy.

He can deliver a message filled with the grace of God that everyone can understand, he makes you laugh and cry, does drama and accents and writeslife-changing inspiring words. I love to hear him share his heart through preaching and the written word. God has given him a real gift for communication and I'm proud to know him.

Update on Terry: I was looking online for any links that might refer to his old band, Glory Road and besides a ton of stuff about the recent basketball movie, look what I found. Glory Road the gospel quartet! (for those who don't know, this is NOT my husband's band) Or did you want to buy a copy of the old album? Exit - Glory Road

Gary DeLacy is our friend that does all kinds of graphic design in So Cal. He does album covers, and much more. He actually designed and created our wedding invitation, which was printed on clear plastic (acetate or something). It was way cool! He designed the Glory Road album cover as well. One of these days when I have time to dig through my stuff, I'll find these & post them for you to see. This photo shows some of his album cover work.

He often has created great custom Christmas cards and one year he did one with a picture of Pope John Paul II on the front with a Christmas greeting in Polish on the inside. He actually sent one of the cards to the Vatican and got a nice note back from the Pope!

Mark Converse - Terry was privileged to play regularly with Mark at Placerita Baptist church where we attended in Santa Clarita. Mark is an amazing professional drummer and percussionist who's played with dozens of orchestras, ensembles and shows. If you Google his name you'll see him listed on many many albums as well. Terry always looked forward to Christmas time when he and Mark had a chance to do a few duets of old Christmas favorites with guitar and percussion. Generally I'm not big on the drums, often they are too overpowering and over shadow the vocals (which I think are very important). Mark is one of the few drummers that I really looked forward to hearing. He is so tasteful and knows just what to add to a song. I LOVE listening to him play.

Bernie Rolfe (photo right) has been a singer, musican, song writer, record producer, arranger, choir director, band leader and inspiration to me since I was 16 years old. He was my choir teacher in high school which was so fun! (I told him about the job opening.)

Even though I had no musical training, he recruited me into a singing group called Shira, where I had the pleasure of singing and sharing Christ with hundreds of people in Arizona through the outreach ministry, Hand in Hand. He's always been a great encouragement to me and he gives awesome big bear hugs!

Well, I could go on and on but these are just a few people who have and continue to inspire me to think and act creatively. I'm so thankful for all of their involvement in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q: how many of these photos are mine?
A: between both posts ... at least 5/11

linda t said...

I am loving these posts!!
Great job!
We are blessed to have so many talented friends and family members in our lives!!
Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Hey There.

My name is Marty Brandt and I came across your site loking for info on some of the old Hand in Hand bands as I played in one called New Song with Steve Tessitore about the same time Terry was in Glory Road. I knew Terry before that from some Campus Crusade stuff I was pretty involved in. I think I can make Terry out in some of the pictures on your site and I definitely remember Bernie Rolfe.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" adn say I'm a bit jealous of those pristine copies of the New Beginning and Glory Road albums in one of the pictures. I have "People Who Walk.." and "Exit" on LP, but only have a bad cassette dub of the first New B album.

If Terry or anyone else who might remember me wants to make contact, I can be reached at my www.classmates.com website - just search for Marty Brandt and Greenway high school.

God Bless you.

Marty