Sunday, October 15, 2006

I haven't done much posting in recent days because I've been busy preparing for an event for Leadership Catalyst. It's going to be held in Tucson, AZ at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort.

It will be a 4-day retreat for potential partners to introduce them to our ministry's mission and vision. We're expecting about 60-70 people for a fun time of teaching and lots of free time for relaxing. Of course, I won't get to do too much relaxing since I'm the Event Manager and I'll be trying to make sure everything looks like it's going smoothly. Right now I'm feeling pretty good about the last few days of preparations (except for the fact that my right eye won't stop twitching). The shopping is all done, now we need to finish up the printing and putting things together. Oh, we still have tons of things to get done in the next 3 days, but I feel like the team has a pretty good handle on it right now...of course, once we get to the resort a new set of challenges will begin.

I really need to remember to trust God with the event and I really want to see Him work in the lives of all of the people there. I have no doubt that the teaching will be awesome. They're going to be introducing principles from the new book that they're working on. Besides, that's why I work there. I love the wisdom that God brings out of the three authors, Bill Thrall, Bruce McNicol, and John Lynch. (If you Google their names you'll get quite a bit of info about them.)

I'm really very excited about the variety of people that are coming too. They'll be from the U.S. and Canada from many different walks of life. Some seemingly successful and some visibly hurting. And I always remember what our friend John Lynch says..."There are no together people in this world; only people who dress better." With that in mind, we know that everyone who comes has needs that only the Creator can meet. We will hopefully be tools to that end this week...

If you check out the link to the resort site you'll see that it's a pretty awesome resort, so I'm really hoping to get an hour here or there to actually relax...and maybe take some pictures too. The event starts Thursday night so I'll get there Thursday morning to set up. Terry's coming down on Friday afternoon/evening and will stay through the end of the retreat on Sunday. I may not get to spend much time with him, but he can enjoy the resort even if I'm busy with the event. He's going to be playing guitar and mandolin at the retreat on Saturday night and Sunday morning with our friends Randy Thompson and Rand Mozingo. They'll be doing some 60's style music at dinner Saturday night for atmosphere, then will be leading the worship time on Sunday morning. They sound awesome when they play together. We'll have to figure out a way to record them so I can post some of their music.

Side note: Randy will be having his annual FREE Christmas concert in Phoenix on December 2nd so if you're in the area, mark your calendars and come on by. He should have details on his web site about it soon.

Anyway, now you have fair warning that I may not be posting until next week...then again, you just never know...so keep checking once in a while just in case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have anyone set to take pics at all? do you need them? Michelle might do it if she's not busy ...

Nancy said...

This sounds like a great weekend for everyone involved. I am sure your planning and organization now will pay off when you get to the resort. Enjoy... if you can!
Blessings,
Nancy