Wednesday, August 09, 2006

O.k. here we go... This is my first posting to my blog. I really have no idea how much I'll be able to keep up on this, but it's fun learning how to do it and seeing the results on the screen. As you'll find out, I love photography and travel, so you'll probably see many more photos from our adventures. Oh they're not scary or daring adventures, but just new places to explore and experience and new people to meet.

These are from a trip that we took to northern Arizona in March. We had no expectations to see snow, especially in Sedona, but it snowed about 2 feet that weekend at the higher elevations and quite a bit in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. For those who don't live in Arizona, you may not realize how unusual that is. It was so awesome!

Growing up in Ohio, I had seen quite a bit of crazy weather in my youth, but I think it's been 10 years or more since I had seen the snow actually fall and to see so much of it in such an already gorgeous place was just incredible.




The last picture is of some of our most precious friends who made the trip with us. (Jay & Sharon and Andy & Julie) Some of them were a bit hesitant (to say the least) once we were traveling on the slick roads, but they braved it with our careful driver, Andy and came away unharmed.

It was the most fun I've had in a long time! The snow was so refreshing and beautiful. God's creation is absolutely amazing and I love to see all the different ways that he treats us with these unexpected surprises.

3 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

are you sure that those photos were taken in Arizona? I haven't seen snow like that in a long time.
Andrew signed in as Amy.

linda t said...

I am so impressed... and inspired to get my blog set up and running!
Way to go Nancy!

See you tonight at Home Group.

Sarah said...

Hi Nancy! It's fun to see you on here. I really enjoy seeing pictures of people I know but don't see as often anymore, so I think I will like keeping up with your adventures. :)